I've been feeling a little bored with patterns lately. I don't know why I decided to try zipper pouches. I certainly don't need any as I received several for Christmas last year. I guess I was feeling confident enough to try another zipper project after the success I had with the zipper pocket in the Day in the Park tote.
So rather than consult one of the thousands of zipper pouch tutorials that are sure to be found online, I decided to try to figure it out myself. My first attempt was a spectacular failure. I didn't even take pictures; it was that ugly. I had made the outer pouch and the lining pouch separately, and tried to add the zipper last...big mistake. It just not possible to do it that way and get a neat stitch-line. So I ripped it apart and tried it again, this time adding the zipper first, before the pouch took shape. And I ended up with this:
(as an aside, the fabric for this pouch came from pockets that I cut out of some pajama pants!)
I liked it, so of course, I kept going:
inside of the striped one:
And for tomorrow, a true original! An open-top, hard-side box pouch...