Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fabric stash

I don't have any completed projects to post today, but I did want to show off some new fabrics that I got recently. The first is quite a bundle, a bunch of stuff from my Mom that she's had for awhile. Most of it is leftovers from the quilts she made for my kids for their first Christmases.

Here are a couple of my favorites:


These are some Mary Engelbreit fat quarters:

These are some wonderful old handkerchiefs that belonged to my grandmother. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, because I want to preserve all the great little details:

Some of the details:

And these were kind of expensive, but I just couldn't help myself. They're from Heather Ross' new line for Kokka, called 'Far, Far Away'. The unicorn print was my favorite by far, so I got three colors:

So gorgeous:


Even the selvages are cute!:


The only problem with the unicorn fabric is the place where I bought it. The dress I was planning to make needs two large skirt pieces, and they cut the fabric so wonky (all three colors!) that the pattern piece won't fit. So I'm planning to email the shop and see what they can do for me, but in the meantime, I can't cut the fabric in case they want to exchange it. So I'm left without my planned project. I have bunches of stuff I can start on, I just don't know what yet. But hopefully I'll have something done (and photographed!) before next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment