Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Open-top box

I'm really proud of myself for this one. The idea for this came about because I got a new purse. A lovely new Fossil purse. The only problem was there was no secure place in my lovely new purse to keep my camera, which I carry everywhere. I knew I didn't want a traditional camera case, because I wanted something with easy access, so I could grab my camera for a quick shot. So I came up with the idea for an open-top box with rigid sides and padded walls. And will wonders never cease, I was actually able to make one without too much trouble.


I used dishtowel fabric left over from my tote bag.


Sorry for the craptastic camera phone picture, but I wanted to show it with the camera inside.

If I were to make another one, I think I would add another layer of batting for extra padding, and I would use some kind of plastic (instead of cardboard) for the walls, because it would be nice to be able to wash it. But I'm happy because I don't have to worry anymore about my camera getting banged around in my purse. And because I made something cool.

1 comment: