Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Popover Sundress

This is made from an awesome vintage pillowcase I bought on etsy, from FineVintageLinens' shop. I bought it back in February, wanting to make it into a dress, but I hadn't found the right pattern for it, until now. Yet another oliver + s pattern, this one is called the popover sundress, and it's not available on their website. It was included in Issue 6 of Sew Hip, an absolutely gorgeous UK sewing magazine. So once I had the pattern, I just needed the accent fabric for the yoke and straps, and some coordinating rick-rack, and I was in business. [I have to say, this was probably the easiest fabric find I've ever had. I had an idea of what I wanted when I walked in the store, I saw this one, I liked the print, and the color was a spot-on match! Probably only took me sixty seconds! Which is unheard of for me, my kids flat-out refuse to go with me to the fabric store because I hem and haw (see what I did there?) and generally take forever.]

I can't get enough of the Irish crochet details on this, plus a dress is that much easier when the hem is done for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment